Mornings are a beautiful time. The sun rises, the birds chirp, and breakfast is sizzling. But it is the morning that is the MOST critical time of the day. Our morning activities are the ones that will set the tone for the rest of the day.
“There was never a night or a problem that could defeat sunrise or hope”
– Bernard Williams
If you’re reading this post and it’s the morning, good. I want you to understand that this morning you have the chance to start and live yet another day. Be grateful for that and take advantage of the opportunity. Seize the moment.
In part 1 (Why You Must Bite the Bullet) I discussed why it is important to complete your most difficult and important tasks in the morning towards accomplishing your goals. This article is merely a continuation of that but will focus more on the spiritual and physical elements that you can implement into your early morning routine for optimum success.
Here are 4 things to incorporate into your morning routine that will jumpstart your day in the right direction and power pack your success:
1. Prayer/Time With God
Taking care of our spirituality is crucial. It is important to be grateful for being alive. Be thankful for the things you that have and the loved ones in your life.
Prayer will help you get your tasks done. It keeps your mind and thoughts free and positive. It keeps you grounded and will inspire you to swiftly move through any barriers you face throughout your day.
Reading bible scripture and spending time with God in prayer has truly helped me overcome many obstacles that I have faced in life and it helps me to be thankful for the gift of life everyday. Life is beautiful.
“If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough”
– Meister Eckhart
2. Take A Cool Shower
Taking a cool shower is the best way to get your juices flowing.
Sometimes, we wake up feeling groggy and sleepy but simply taking a cool shower will open your eyes right up. There’s no better way to get a rush of energy than the feeling of cool and refreshing water running over your face and body.
Cool showers (and even cold, if your brave enough) are very good for us, not only because they will increase your alertness but because, there are also proven medical benefits.
Here Are 6 Medical Benefits of Taking Cool Showers:
1) helps to refine skin
2) improves blood circulation
3) stimulates weight loss
4) speeds up muscle recovery
5) eases stress
6) relieves depression
With that being said, taking a cool shower should absolutely be one of the first things on your A.M priority list. Fight off temptation to put this off until after breakfast, or worse, until the evening.
2. Eat The Breakfast of Champion
Breakfast is in fact, the most important meal of the day. It gives you energy to carry out the rest of your day and it helps your body burn calories throughout the day. Studies have also shown that breakfast eaters have better memory and concentration levels as well as a lower chance of having diabetes, heart disease, and being overweight.
With that being said, just because breakfast is healthy doesn’t mean all breakfast is good. Stay away from the Egg McMuffins from McDonalds and loading up on processed Dunkin Donuts eggs sandwiches. These foods are bad for us and should be avoided.
Instead Here Are 6 Healthy Foods To Have For Breakfast:
1) Eggs – eggs are undeniably a great thing to have in the morning. They will leave you feeling fulfilled after eating them and are also high in protein which is good for producing muscle. Not only that but they contain antioxidants called zeaxanthin and lutein which are good for eye health and help to lower chances of contracting cataracts.
2) Oats – pats are great breakfast choice that will also fill you up. They have a fiber called beta-glucan that helps to reduce cholesterol. Oats are also known to help protect heart health and decrease blood pressure.
3) Chia Seeds – Chia Seeds are rich in fibers that absorb water and help to cause more movement throughout your digestive tract. This leads to better bowel movement and better overall digestion. These are great to put in protein shakes.
4) Fruits– Fruits are delicious and can be a part of any breakfast meal. All fruits contain many vitamins, water, and nutrients. They are also very low in calories which will help prevent you from getting fat.
5) Protein Shakes – A protein shake is very filling and a tasty way to start your morning. They are high in nutrients depending on which ingredients you chose and also help to preserve muscle mass and also help to promote weight loss.
6) Green Tea – green tea is great alternative to coffee. It increases alertness, your mood, and increase metabolism. It also contains an antioxidant that has been linked to protecting brain, nervous system, and heart from being damaged.
Kickstart your day with these superfoods and you will be on your way to a healthier more vibrant life full of productivity and focus.
3. Go For A Jog/Workout
No matter what your profession is or what your ambitions may be. The body is undeniably the most important asset you have. If you neglect your body, don’t expect to be able to produce on a high level. Scientific evidence proves that people who workout in the morning have an easier time concentrating on tasks and have sharper memories.
With that being said, I am a huge advocate for jogging in the morning, going to the gym, or both, if possible. It is a great way to clear your mind and another way to wake up.
It is critical to maintain a healthy body if you want to obtain massive success. Make sure to work out and do cardio exercise on a consistent basis and try to do at least one of these activities in the morning.
If this article was helpful to you please share with others, comment, and subscribe below.
And remember, be great.